We love a bit of exploitation cinema and, ‘MY FATHER DIE’, is part revenge thriller, part pure horror, and writer/director Sean Brosnan’s debut is an all-out assault on the senses that might not be for the faint-hearted, but is heartily recommended to those who like their films full throttle, adrenalin fuelled and cranked up to 11.
A Greek tragedy crossed with Sons of Anarchy, ‘MY FATHER DIE’, takes the best elements of exploitation cinema and gives them a stylish new coat of paint, soaked in swamp sweat and savagery, and dipped in depravity and deep South mania.
Asher loses both his speech and hearing at the age of 12, during a vicious attack that leaves his older brother dead. The killer, Ivan, a tattooed monster showing no remorse, is jailed for the assault, but released two decades later due to prison overcrowding. Pumped-up and hungry for retribution, Asher wastes no time in tooling and facing down his nemesis – who also happens to be his father. But his dad’s time in prison hasn’t been wasted, and he proves a formidable enemy.
The casting of former UK sportsman Gary Stretch as the seemingly unstoppable and psychopathic Ivan is a masterstroke. The sorely underused Stretch, so good as the baddie in Shane Meadow’s Dead Man’s Shoes, is simply brilliant and chilling here as a malevolent force of evil. After garnering rave reviews at SXSW last year, MY FATHER DIE went on to play on the opening night at the prestigious 2016 London FrightFest, marking out Brosnan as an assured and gifted writer/director and his debut film as a full-blooded and unmissable revenge thriller.
So here’s your chance to win a copy of the film just by answering the following question.
What sport did Gary Stretch first make his name?
To enter just:
- Subscribe to our YOUTUBE channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7rznDvBa_al6V5Yk_izH9A?view_as=public
- Send your answer with your name & address (& subscriber name if different) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*******COMPETITION CLOSES 23:59hrs on 9th APRIL 2017*******
Following condition apply:
- Entrants must be residents in the UK.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize stated. The prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted by the winner for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners will be picked by the site.
- Winners name, e-mail address and address will be passed to a third party provider for contact and prize delivery
Here’s the trailer……..