This was undoubtedly one of our favourite film from last year and deservedly won director Ken Loach his second Palme D’or award at Cannes and BAFTA’s Outstanding British Film award.
Starring Dave Johns as the title character, a carpenter who has been off work due to a heart attack and is keen to return to get back to work only to find the system that he has paid into for years now unwilling to support him. As he struggles to get help he meets single mother Katie who is trying to keep a roof over her head and feed her two young children. Both find themselves in no man’s land battling against a system seemingly determined to grind them down further.
Causing much controversy amongst the Daily Mail. Tory MP’s and writers like Toby Young this is a searing indictment on the welfare system and has some incredibly moving scenes perhaps none more so than a scene in a food bank. A film that is in turn upsetting and anger inducing this really is a must see film.
You an see the director, writer and lead stars talk about the film on our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAffJh4YOYA
So here’s a chance to win a copy just by answering the following question:
What 2006 film did Ken Loach first win the Palme’D’or?
a) The Wind that shakes the Barley
c) Raining Stones
To enter just:
- Follow us on twitter here: https://twitter.com/anygoodfilms
- Send your answer with your name and address to email@example.com
*******COMPETITION CLOSES at 23:59hrs on 5th March 2017*******
Following condition apply:
- Entrants must be residents in the UK.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize stated. The prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted by the winner for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners will be picked by the site.
- Winners name, e-mail address and address will be passed to a third party provider for contact and prize delivery.
Here’s the trailer…….