We know Benedict Cumberbatch has a huge female fans base who bizarrely refer to themselves as Cumberbitches although we dread to think what fans of actor Titus Welliver call themselves…..but we digress because STUDIOCANAL is pleased to announce that the gripping BBC One drama The Child in Time – a film adaptation by Stephen Butchard of Ian McEwan’s Whitbread Prize winning novel of the same name, which drew in an audience of 5.7 million viewers when it first aired is available on DVD and to celebrate, we’re giving away 2 x DVDs!
Starring Benedict Cumberbatch (who also produced the drama with his company SunnyMarch) and Kelly Macdonald as the parents of a child who goes missing, The Child in Time is a lyrical and heartbreaking exploration of love, loss and the power of things unseen.
Stephen Lewis (Cumberbatch), a successful writer of children’s books, is confronted with the unthinkable: he loses his only child, four-year-old Kate, in a supermarket. In one horrifying moment that replays itself over the years that follow, Stephen realises his daughter is gone.
With tenderness and insight, the film explores a marriage devastated by the loss of a child. Kate’s absence sets Stephen and his wife, Julie (Macdonald), on diverging paths as both struggle with an all-consuming grief. With the passage of time, a balance of sorts returns, until hope surfaces and triumphs unexpectedly.
To be in with the chance of winning, just answer this question:
What is the name of Benedict Cumberbatch’s production company?
a) Cumberbatch Productions
To enter just :
- FOLLOW the AnyGoodFilms facebook page
- SHARE the facebook page
- Send your answers with your name and address to email@example.com
*******COMPETITION CLOSES at 23:59hrs on 12th NOVEMBER 2017*******
Following condition apply:
- Entrants must be residents in the UK.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize stated. The prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted by the winner for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners will be picked by the site.
- Winners name, e-mail address and address will be passed to a third party provider for contact and prize delivery
Here’s the trailer…….