The Coen Brothers had been trying to break into films and had only written a couple of short films but ‘Blood Simple‘ was their first feature film which they had written, directed and edited too and featured a gloriously sleazy M. Emmett Walsh as a Texas private eye Visser, hired by bar owner Marty (Dan Hedaya) to kill his unfaithful wife (Frances McDormand) and her lover (John Getz). Given a plan to work from, he decides to modify it without warning; and matters quickly spiral out of control. It was a brilliant and audacious debut and was a glimpse of what was to follow over the next thirty years.
The brothers revisited their debut and have edited further and unlike unlike many ‘directors cut’s’ this has benefitted from their cuts and is more pacy and has been beautifully restored in 4k overseen by the Coens themselves
To celebrate the DVD/Blu-Ray/EST release of BLOOD SIMPLE: DIRECTOR’S CUT on Monday 30th October, we are giving away 3 copies of the film on DVD.
The film releases on DVD/Blu-Ray 30th October and to win a copy just answer the following question:
Which film did the brothers win Oscars for Best Film, Best Adapted Screenplay & Best Director(s)?
a) Millers Crossing
b) The Big Lebowski
c) No Country for Old Men
To enter just:
- Subscribe to the AnyGoodFilms? You tube channel here:www.youtube.com
- Send your answer with your name and address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*******COMPETITIONS CLOSES at 23:59 hrs ON 12th NOVEMBER 2017*******
Following condition apply:
- Entrants must be residents in the UK.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize stated. The prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted by the winner for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners will be picked by the site.
- Winners name, e-mail address and address will be passed to a third party provider for contact and prize delivery
Here’s the trailer…….