Here’s your chance to win one of this year’s nominees for Best Foreign Film which was in line to win but lost out to an Iranian film probably because the beloved President Trump was making a lot of noise about immigration from Muslim countries and the liberal Oscar voters probably were swayed away from voting for ‘Toni Erdmann’.
Anyway from acclaimed writer-director Maren Ade, TONI ERDMANN is a remarkably touching and outrageously funny portrait of an offbeat father-daughter relationship. Sandra Hüller plays Ines, a highly-strung career woman whose life in corporate Bucharest takes a turn for the bizarre with the arrival of her estranged father Winfried (Peter Simonischeck). A practical joker with a liking for silly disguises and childish pranks, Winfried attempts to reconnect with his daughter by introducing the eccentric alter ego Toni Erdmann to catch Ines off guard, not knowing how capable she is of rising to the challenge. The breakout hit of last year’s Cannes Film Festival and the recipient of universal critical acclaim, TONI ERDMANN is as humanist as it is absurdist – a comedy about the importance of celebrating the humour of the everyday.
A German comedy , not two words we’d thought we’d ever see in the same sentence, but this is an epic film with some very funny sequences (the nude party being a particular highlight) and is also rumoured to have the inevitable Hollywood remake with Jack Nicholson allegedly interested enough to come out of retirement to play the father role.
So here’s your chance to win a copy of the film just be answering the following question…..
Which film won the 2017 Best Foreign Film Oscar?
a) The Salesman
b) Oscars Too White
c) La La Land
(Hint – you can find the answer if you search on the AnyGoodFilms website)
To enter just:
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7rznDvBa_al6V5Yk_izH9A?view_as=public
- Send your answer with your name & address to : email@example.com
*******COMPETITION CLOSES 23:59 hrs on 11th JUNE 2017.*******
- Entrants must be residents in the UK.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize stated. The prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted by the winner for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners will be picked by the site.
- Winners name, e-mail address and address will be passed to a third party provider for contact and prize delivery
Here’s the trailer…….