Fans of Oscar winning actor Tom Hanks stars in ‘A Hologram for the King’ which for such a big star was very quiet at the box office when it was released earlier this year which is a shame as this was a really decent adaptation of the novel as cultures collide as a washed-up, desperate businessman Alan Clay (Hanks) is sent on a business trip to Saudi Arabia where he hopes to sell a state-of-the-art 3D holographic meeting system to the nation’s King. After losing his house and being divorced by his wife, Alan needs nothing more than for this deal to go through without a hitch. But once he begins work he quickly learns that he will have to adapt to a different culture and way of doing business in order to be successful. Baffled by local customs and stymied by an opaque bureaucracy, he eventually finds his footing with the help of a wise-cracking taxi driver (newcomer Alexander Black) who shows him how best to adapt to the Saudi culture. After suffering a panic attack in his hotel room, Alan meets a beautiful Saudi doctor (Sarita Choudhury, Homeland) whose presence has a profound effect on the American, leading him to question the path his life has taken.
Adapted from Dave Eggers’ (A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, The Circle) novel of the same name, A HOLOGRAM FOR THE KING marks the second collaboration between Hanks and visionary director Tom Tykwer following their pairing on Cloud Atlas. With another tour-de-force performance from cinema’s greatest everyman at its heart, the film serves as inherent evidence that sometimes you have to change your scenery to change your life.
So here’s your chance to win a copy of the film just by answering the following question:
Tom Hanks has won two Oscars for which films?
a) Forrest Gump & Philadelphia
b) Saving Private Ryan & Big
c) Toy Story & The Green Mile
To enter just:
- subscribe to our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7rznDvBa_al6V5Yk_izH9A
- Send your answer with your name & address ( and subscriber name) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*******COMPETITION CLOSES AT 23:59HRS ON 26th SEPTEMBER 2016*******
Following condition apply:
- Entrants must be residents in the UK.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize stated. The prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted by the winner for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners will be picked by the site.
- Winners name, e-mail address and address will be passed to a third party provider for contact and prize delivery.
Here’s the trailer: