Antwerp. The lives of four dealer friends who want to become real-life made men spins out of control when they steal a shipment of cocaine. They trigger a full-out war between them, an Amsterdam drug lord and the ruthless Colombian cartels in our Gangsta competition
From the up-and-coming directors of “Bad Boys for Life” and rumoured to be attached to “Beverly Hills Cop 4”, a hapless group of underdogs bite off more than they can chew in a wannabe gangster story filled with outrageous humour and chaotic gangland violence alike. Inspired by their experiences as Moroccans growing up in Belgium, Abil El Arbi and Bilal Fallah pull no punches in lifting the curtain on not just the criminal underbelly of Antwerp’s drug trade, but also the prejudices ingrained in even those we’re supposed to trust, in this criminally hilarious gangster comedy.
Clutching his Gucci cap like a treasured status symbol, Matteo Simoni’s lead performance imbues wannabe gangster Adamo with an adorable Ali G-esque incompetence and lack of self-awareness that elevates the humour, while exposing the character’s naivete as a potent heartstring to pull during the film’s more dramatic turns.With an energetic soundtrack boasting Flemish electro and rap, to a visual style lit with flashes of neon and adorned with tributes to video games of a bygone era, “Gangsta” channels a thematic confidence. It’s a showcase for talents both technical and creative with a vibrant story combining rapid-fire comedy with human complexity, while also paying tribute to the gangster films that inspired it.
To win a copy in our Gangsta competition just answer the following question:
Which of the following Martin Scorsese films is a film based on a true life gangster story?
To enter our Gangsta competition just:
- SUBSCRIBE to the AnyGoodFilms YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=anygoodfilms
- Send your answer with your name & address to : Competitions@anygoodfilms.com
*******COMPETITION CLOSES AT 23:59hrs on 11th NOVEMBER 2018*******
Following condition apply:
- Entrants must be residents in the UK.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize stated. The prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted by the winner for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners will be picked by the site.
- Winners name, e-mail address and address will be passed to a third party provider for contact and prize delivery
Here’s the trailer……