Our Editor always says, ‘Never judge a book by its cover‘ which may explain why he lost his job as chair of the British Book Cover Awards panel* . But it sums up ‘Bombshell: The Hedy Lamarr Story’ an intriguing documentary about the Hollywood film star Hedy Lamarr. Known as ‘the most beautiful woman in the world’, she inspired both Snow White and Catwoman with her striking look.
Hedy Lamarr was as famous for her performances as she was infamous for her multiple marriages and affairs with the likes of Spencer Tracy and JFK. She was a star with substance and unlike today’s Z-list fame hungry half wits, many of which you wouldn’t trust to sit the right way round on a toilet, Lamarr was a maverick. Unknown to many at the time and ever since she was an ingenious inventor whose pioneering work helped revolutionize modern communication. Her groundbreaking concept of frequency hopping is now used as the basis for secure Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth something which you can hardly imagine Amanda Holden coming up with.
Co – Produced by Academy Award® winning Susan Sarandon, BOMBSHELL: THE HEDY LAMARR STORY finally gives Hedy the voice denied to her by Hollywood. In 2016, director Alexandra Dean and producer Adam Haggiag unearthed four never-before-heard audio tapes that detail Hedy Lamarr’s incredible life, lending the documentary an irresistible first person account; as well as being narrated by Hedy’s family, closest friends and admirers including Diane Kruger, Mel Brooks and Robert Osborne.
This is an enthralling eye opener of a documentary and you can win a copy just by answering the following question:
Which 1974 Mel Brooks comedy featured a character called Hedley Lamarr?
a) Blazing Saddles
c) The Producers
To enter just:
- FOLLOW the AnyGoodFilms twitter link: https://twitter.com/anygoodfilms?
- RETWEET the link
- Send your answer with your name and address to : email@example.com
*****COMPETITION CLOSES at 23:59hrs on May 6th 2018*****
Following condition apply:
- Entrants must be residents in the UK.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize stated. The prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted by the winner for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners will be picked by the site.
- Winners name, e-mail address and address will be passed to a third party provider for contact and prize delivery
Here’s the trailer…….
*thanks to Stewart Lee