We felt it was a missed opportunity when the Deputy Editor’s ex-wife and her sister went to Canvey island as they would have been ideally suited to appear in Wes Anderson’s film, Isle of Dogs. Instead Isle of Dogs is a charming stop-motion tale that is visually stunning, and one that beautifully captures the understanding and admiration between human and canine.
ISLE OF DOGS tells the story of Atari Kobayashi, 12-year-old ward to corrupt Mayor Kobayashi. When all the canine pets of Megasaki City are exiled to vast Trash Island, Atari sets off in search of his bodyguard dog, Spots. With the assistance of his newfound mongrel friends, he begins an epic journey that will decide the fate and future of the entire Prefecture.
The film features an all-star cast voicing the dog and human characters including Bryan Cranston, Edward Norton, Liev Schreiber, Bill Murray, Bob Balaban, Jeff Goldblum, Scarlett Johansson and Tilda Swinton.
Many of the actors are regular cast members of Anderson’s live action films with Bill Murray especially appearing in many of his films.
To win a copy of Isle of Dogs just answer the following question:
What was Wes Anderson’s first stop motion animated film?
a) The Incredibles
b) Early Man
c) Fantastic Mr Fox
To enter just:
- FOLLOW us on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/anygoodfilms/
- Send your answer with your name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org
*******COMPETITION CLOSES AT 23:59HRS ON 19TH AUGUST 2018*******
Following condition apply:
- Entrants must be residents in the UK.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize stated. The prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted by the winner for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners will be picked by the site.
- Winners name, e-mail address and address will be passed to a third party provider for contact and prize delivery
Here’s the trailer for Isle of Dogs…….