A little known fact is that The Blind Beggar Pub in London’s East End is quite possibly the biggest pub in the entire world. We only state this because every East End cockney pensioner I’ve ever met claims to have been there the night that Ronnie Kray shot George Cornell dead. However the new film depicting the notorious life of the 60’s criminal brothers would beg to differ as it appears there were only about six others there – either that or the budget didn’t stretch to more extras!
Anyway this is the latest retelling of the story of the Kray twins and their criminal reign over the East End and their feud with the notorious Richardson’s gang. The story of the twins is well known but the draw here is Tom Hardy in dual roles playing both brothers in two clearly defined performances. Technically this is absolutely faultless with the some sequences, notably where Hardy as Ron fights Hardy as Reggie, so well done you can scarcely believe it’s the same actor fighting himself.
Very much downplaying the influence their mother had on their lives as well as the investigation that brings about their downfall this focuses on the relationship between the two brothers and doesn’t shy from Ronnie’s homosexuality.
In time honoured tradition here’s your chance to win a copy of the film just by answering our insultingly easy question:
In the 1990 film ‘The Krays’ which real life brothers played Ronnie & Reggie?
- A) The Chuckle Brothers
- B) The Everly Brothers
- C) Martin & Gary Kemp
- just ‘LIKE’ the AnyGoodFilms? Facebook page (not the competition link)
- ‘SHARE’ the link (use the share button)
- and email your answer to:email@example.com
Competition closes at 23:59 hrs on 1st February 2016
Following condition apply:
- Entrants must be residents in the UK.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize stated. The prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted by the winner for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners will be picked by the site.
- Winners name and address will be passed to a third party provider for contact and prize delivery.
Here’s the trailer: