Here’s another one of our competitions we’re running over the Christmas holidays – the adaptation of the classic British children’s novel, ‘Swallows and Amazons’ written by Arthur Ransome.
It tells the story of the Walker children, along with their mother (Kelly Macdonald – Brave, Trainspotting), who embark on a summer trip to the beautiful Lake District. Desperate to escape the tedium of the holiday they sail out on their own for the first time aboard the marvellous Swallow. On their explorations they land ashore a seemingly deserted island and claim it as their own. However they soon realise that they are not alone, with two other children who captain their own vessel; Amazon, claiming the island to be theirs, leading to a battle of wits to determine who will triumph and take the island as their own!
While searching the island’s waters, the ‘Swallows’ also become intrigued by a mysterious man (Rafe Spall – The BFG, Life of Pi) who lives on a house boat and seems to be hiding a dark secret……..which is not as sordid as modern audiences might think. With Britain on the brink of war, the children find themselves in the midst of an adventure quite different from what they had planned.
Featuring a fantastic British cast including Andrew Scott (Spectre, Sherlock), Jessica Hynes (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Son of Rambow) and Harry Enfield (Scottish Mussel, The Bad Education Movie), SWALLOWS AND AMAZONS brings to life the wonderful children’s novel from 1930, staying true to the classic novel with a sprinkling of silver screen magic for all the family to enjoy this Christmas.
To win a copy all you have to do is answer the following question.
What was the title of the film version of two of Harry Enfield’s famous TV characters?
a) Kevin and Perry go Large
b) The Old Gits on a Barge
c) Wayne and Waynetta eat marge
To enter just:
- LIKE our facebookpage here: https://www.facebook.com/Anygoodfilms-307649736294460/
- SHARE the facebook link
- Send your answer with your name and address to email@example.com
********CLOSING DATE is 23:59 hrs 8th JANUARY 2017*******
Following condition apply:
- Entrants must be residents in the UK.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize stated. The prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted by the winner for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners will be picked by the site.
- Winners name, e-mail address and address will be passed to a third party provider for contact and prize delivery.
Here’s the trailer: