Don’t expect to see any wildlife in this week’s competition to win a copy of the multi Oscar nominated LION where five-year-old Saroo gets lost on a train travelling away from his home and family. Frightened and bewildered, he ends up thousands of miles away, in chaotic Kolkata. Somehow he survives living on the streets, escaping all sorts of terrors and close calls in the process, before ending up in an orphanage that is itself not exactly a safe haven. Eventually Saroo is adopted by an Australian couple, and finds love and security as he grows up in Hobart. Not wanting to hurt his adoptive parents’ feelings, he suppresses his past, his emotional need for reunification, and his hope of ever finding his lost mother and brother. But a chance meeting with some fellow Indians reawakens his buried yearning. With just a small store of memories, and the help of a new technology called Google Earth, Saroo embarks on one of the greatest needle-in-a-haystack quests of modern times.
This is an absolutely fantastic film and a guaranteed tearjerker which will have you in floods of tears by the end.
To win a copy just answer the following question:
In what 2008 Oscar winning film did Dev Patel appear in as a man accused of cheating on the Indian version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
a) The Last Airbender
b) The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
c) Slumdog Millionaire
To enter just:
- Follow us on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/anygoodfilms
- Retweet the link
- Send your answer with your name and address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*******COMPETITION CLOSES 23:59 hrs on 4th JUNE 2017*******
Following condition apply:
- Entrants must be residents in the UK.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize stated. The prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted by the winner for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners will be picked by the site.
- Winners name, e-mail address and address will be passed to a third party provider for contact and prize delivery
Here’s the trailer…….