Perhaps not the most catchy of titles but ‘Their Finest’ was the latest in a long line of great modern British comedies albeit that this one was set during World War II and stars the rather gorgeous Gemma Arterton the film captures and reflects the spirit of a nation at war, where she must navigate the complexities of movie production, the stiff upper lips of government and her own romantic entanglements.
1940, London, the Blitz. With the country’s morale at stake, inexperienced screenwriter, Catrin (Gemma Arterton) and a makeshift cast and crew work under fire to make a film to lift the country’s flagging spirits and inspire America to join the war. Partnered with fellow screenwriter, Buckley (Sam Claflin), the pair set off to make a film that will warm the hearts of the nation whilst navigating the constant threat of The Blitz, limited resources and the demands of gloriously egotistical actor, Ambrose Hilliard (Bill Nighy).
Based on the novel, ‘Their Finest Hour and a Half’ by Lissa Evans, THEIR FINEST is brought to the screen with aplomb by acclaimed director Lone Scherfig (An Education, One Day) and the Oscar® nominated producers of Brooklyn and Carol. Featuring a stellar supporting cast that includes Richard E Grant (Logan, Jackie), Helen McCrory (Harry Potter, TV’s Penny Dreadful), Jeremy Irons (TV’s The Borgias, High-Rise), Eddie Marsan (A Kind Of Murder, TV’s Ray Donovan) and Jack Huston(Pride And Prejudice And Zombies, Hail, Caesar), THEIR FINEST is a witty, romantic and powerful portrayal of a young woman finding her voice amidst the mayhem of war … and the movies!
To win a copy just answer the following question.
Which James Bond film did she star in as the improbably named Strawberry Fields?
a) Casino Royale
b) Quantum of Solace
c) Die Another Day
To enter just:
- FOLLOW the AnyGoodFilms Twitter link here: https://twitter.com/anygoodfilms
- RETWEET the link
- Send your answer with your name and address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*******COMPETITION CLOSES at 23:59hrs on 10th SEPTEMBER2017*******
Following condition apply:
1. Entrants must be residents in the UK.
2. There is no cash alternative to the prize stated. The prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted by the winner for other benefits, items or additions.
3. Winners will be picked by the site.
4. Winners name, e-mail address and address will be passed to a third party provider for contact and prize delivery
Here’s the trailer…….