No, not a film about a fleet of cloned Robert Downey Jr’s wearing old baked bean cans from the recycling bin but a cracking documentary about West Ham Utd leaving their sacred Boleyn Ground for a new stadium as the 2015/16 football season drew to a close.
After 112 years of occupation the club moved, lock, stock and barrel, to the London Stadium up the road; a momentous relocation that has been recorded with the gravitas and passion it deserves in documentary film IRON MEN, out on demand from March 3rd and on DVD from March 6th, 2017, courtesy of Signature Entertainment.
IRON MEN tells the story of this tumultuous and historical transfer through the voices of club captain and local boy Mark Noble, the manager Slaven Bilic, Hollywood actor Ray Winstone, the owners David Gold, David Sullivan and Karren Brady, the local traders and most importantly, through the fans on the terraces; the people who have stuck by the club through thick and thin and cemented a community together for more than a century.
The move has been momentous; with the vast growth of the Premier League the owners decided to move with the times. IRON MEN records this dramatic and sometimes poignant transition into the new era of British football as they face their final three fixtures at Upton Park, including the euphoric 3-2 victory over Manchester United in the final home game of the season.
No-one is quite sure what the future holds for the club once they have established themselves at the gleaming spectacle of the London Stadium, but one thing’s for sure: no matter where they play, the Iron Men will be forever blowing bubbles……(please no Michael Jackson jokes! – Ed)
To win a copy all you have to do is answer the following question:
Which former England football team captain appeared In the 1981 film ‘Escape to Victory’ starring Michael Caine & Sylvester Stallone?
a) Bobby Moore
b) Gerry Francis
c) Bryan Robson
To enter just:
- Follow us on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/anygoodfilms
- Retweet the competition link
- Send your answer with your name and address to : email@example.com
*******COMPETITION CLOSES at 23:59hrs ON 12th FEBRUARY 2017*******
Following condition apply:
- Entrants must be residents in the UK.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize stated. The prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted by the winner for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners will be picked by the site.
- Winners name, e-mail address and address will be passed to a third party provider for contact and prize delivery.
Here’s the trailer…….