The internationally acclaimed Australian cinema classic Picnic at Hanging Rock established the now legendary, Peter Weir (The Truman Show, Dead Poets Society) as a major filmmaker and it remains one of the most chillingly atmospheric and beautifully enigmatic films ever made. Now this seminal piece of cinema is released as a stunning new Limited Edition 4K UHD/Blu-ray release alongside Standard Editions on 4K UHD and Blu-ray courtesy of Second Sight Films on 1 May 2023 and we’re giving you the chance to win a copy!
On Saturday, 14 February 1900, a party of schoolgirls from Appleyard College took a trip to Hanging Rock near Mt. Macedon in Victoria. During that idyllic sun-drenched afternoon some of the girls left the rest of the group to go exploring. The higher they climbed the more exhausted they became, finally they stopped to rest and fell asleep… When they awoke, as though still in a dream the girls silently ventured further through a passage in the imposing rock face. Some of them were never seen again. Read our disc review HERE
To be in with a chance of winning a copy just:
- FOLLOW the AnyGoodFilms facebook page : www.facebook.com/AnyGoodFilms
- SHARE the facebook page
******* COMPETITION CLOSES AT 23:59hrs on 14th may 2023 *******
Following condition apply:
- Entrants must be residents in the UK.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize stated. The prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted by the winner for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners will be picked by the site.
- Winners name, e-mail address and address will be passed to a third party provider for contact and prize delivery.
- In line with GDPR regulations, competition entry information will not be stored once the competition has ended and the winners have been chosen and prizes sent out.
- NB Winner will be contacted on facebook by our Deputy Editor Simon
Here’s the Picnic at Hanging Rock trailer….
Picnic at Hanging Rock‘ gets new Limited Edition 4K UHD/Blu-ray release + Standard Editions released on 1st May 2023