We love a bit of culture and it doesn’t get any better than The Luminaries an epic tale of star-crossed lovers, destiny, gold and greed. The Luminaries is a lush six-part period drama based on the Man Booker prize-winning novel by Eleanor Catton. After its run on BBC One this summer, this stunning story of fate and fortune arrives on DVD and digital on 20 July 2020 from Acorn Media International and you can win a copy.
1865, New Zealand: welcome to the Gold Rush. Fresh-faced young woman Anna Wetherell (Eve Hewson) sets out for a new life, and has a romantic encounter with fellow passenger Emery Staines (Himesh Patel – Yesterday) on the voyage to New Zealand. But fate has other plans for them…and so does scheming fortune teller Lydia (Eva Green – Casino Royale), who takes Anna under her wing; while naive Emery falls in with ex-convict Francis Carver (Marton Csokas – The Equalizer). Nine months later, the cruel George Shepard (Callan Mulvey – Avengers: Endgame) is investigating the murder of the mysterious Crosbie Wells (Ewen Leslie )…and Anna is the prime suspect. With help from vengeance-seeking opium war veteran Sook Yongsheng (Mortal Engines) and Maori greenstone-hunter Te Rau Tauwhare will the truth out? As the lovers try to find their way back to each other, they are confronted with magic and murder, romance and revenge, all fuelled by the gold-lust that seems to infect everyone around them. Both looking for a fresh start in this new land of opportunity, the pair are soon caught up in events beyond their control, and start to question: do we make our fortunes, or do our fortunes make us?
To win one of THREE copies of The Luminaries we have to give away. All you have to do is:
- FOLLOW the AnyGoodFilms facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AnyGoodFilms/
- SHARE the facebook
- Send your name & address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*******COMPETITION CLOSES AT 22:59HRS ON 2ND AUGUST 2020******
Following condition apply:
- Entrants must be residents in the UK.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize stated. The prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted by the winner for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners will be picked by the site.
- Winners name, e-mail address and address will be passed to a third party provider for contact and prize delivery.
Here’s The Luminaries trailer…….