A factual story that is far stranger than fiction, Operation Mincemeat is available on Digital Download now and on Blu-ray and DVD on 4th July and to celebrate its release we have an Operation Mincemeat Blu-Ray™ up for grabs.
It’s 1943. The Allies are determined to break Hitler’s grip on occupied Europe, and plan to launch an all-out assault on Sicily; but they face an impossible challenge – how to protect the invasion force from potential annihilation. It falls to two remarkable intelligence officers, Ewen Montagu (Colin Firth) and Charles Cholmondeley (Matthew MacFadyen) to dream the most inspired and improbable disinformation strategy of the war – centred on the most unlikely of secret agents: a dead man. Operation Mincemeat is the extraordinary and true story of an idea that hoped to turn the tide for the Allies – taking impossibly high risks, defying logic, and testing the nerves of its creators to breaking point. (read our review HERE)
The film is directed by John Madden from a screenplay written by Michelle Ashford, based on Ben Macintyre’s book of the same name with a superb cast that includes award-winning actor Colin Firth, Matthew Macfadyen, Kelly Macdonald, Penelope Wilton, Jason Isaacs , Johnny Flynn, Simon Russell Beale and Mark Gatiss.
To win an Operation Mincemeat blu-ray just:
- Watch the clip HERE of the director & cast at an audience Q&A
- Then answer the following question:
Which actor first heard about the film through Colin Firth?
- Send your answer with your name & address to us vis our facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/AnyGoodFilms – (if you also subscribe to our youtube channel this will give you an extra entry into the draw – send your subscriber name with your answer)
****** COMPETITION CLOSES AT 23:59HRS ON 18TH JULY 2022 ******
Following condition apply:
- Entrants must be residents in the UK.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize stated. The prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted by the winner for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winners will be picked by the site.
- Winners name, e-mail address and address will be passed to a third party provider for contact and prize delivery.
Watch the trailer for Operation Mincemeat HERE