So to compliment are most overpaid actors of 2017 feature we have to run the most successful actors of 2017. We had our money on it being Dwayne Johnson but no because, according to Forbes Financial, he’s been leapfrogged by his equally bald yet even less emotive Vin Diesel as the highest grossing star of 2017.
Putting him at number one were the films “Fast & Furious 8”, & “xXx: The Return of Xander Cage,” which earned $1.6 billion at the box-office this year (and let’s not forget he hit pay dirt as the voice of Baby Groot in “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” and that was digitally tweaked so it didn’t even sound like him!).
The rest of the list is as follows:
- Dwayne Johnson – $1.5 billion. Fast and Furious 8, Jumanji, 2 x hit TV series and even the awful reboot of Baywatch made some money
- Gal Gadot – $1.4 billion. – Wonder Woman and Justice League were big earning blockbusters
- Emma Watson – $1.3 billion. One film only made her money – the live action version of Beauty and the Beast
- Johnny Depp – $1.1 billion. Usually a fixture on the bad value for money list he found that another admittedly poor Pirates of the Caribbean film earned big money and the Murder on the Orient Express has done well too.
- Daisy Ridley – $1.08 billion. The Last Jedi appears to have made a few quid and in fairness she was also part of the ensemble cast in Murder on the Orient Express.
- Tom Holland – $888 million – Spiderman: Homecoming and lets not forget…..um….um….no that’s it.
- Chris Pratt – $864 million. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
- .Chris Hemsworth – $845 million – Thor Ragnarok
- John Boyega – $815 million. – The Last Jedi and let’s not forget Detroit which most people did as it bombed at the box office.
Most of these are likely to appear on the 2018 list with films like Jurassic World sequel and The Avengers Infinity war but we doubt if Gal Gadot, Emma Watson or John Boyega will be on it as there not in any major movies next year. However our Editor has already offered film makers the chance to hire him to say, ‘I am Groot’ for the knock down price of a couple of pints and a bag of pork scratchings at The Nags Head although we think he’s over priced himself! (‘You’re Fired!’ – Ed)