Marvel’s Ant-Man 3 series of films, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania, is now in pre production at Pinewood Studios readying to shoot later in the year.
Here’s what we know about the film so far…..
- The Ant Man 3 title has been confirmed as, ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania’
- The title was announced on December 10th 2020 at Disney Investor Day
- The film is the 32nd in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)
- As well as Paul Rudd & Angeline Lilly the film will co-star Michael Douglas, Michelle Pfeiffer, Jonathan Majors and Kathryn Newton are also among the cast.
- Quite whether we will get the Stan Lee cameo now that he has passed away is not yet known.
- Emma Fuhrmann who played Scott Lang (Ant Man’s) daughter Cassie Lang has been replaced in the role by Kathryn Newton
- She will play a larger role in the third film as she grew up quite a bit in the five-year time jump that occurred in Avengers: Endgame.
- Jonathan Majors will be playing the role of Kang the Conqueror
- Peyton Reed is back in the director chair for the third time having helmed the original Ant-Man in 2015 and its sequel, Ant-Man and the Wasp, in 2018.
- Disney (which acquired Marvel in 2009) now has a deal with Pinewood Studios to use the majority of its sound stages, backlots and production accommodation.
- Contrary to some reports, Ant-Man 3 has not been filming in Turkey.
- The script has been written by Joe Loveness and is his first feature film having written for Jimmy Kimmel Live! the 2017 Oscars and some episodes of Rick and Morty
- The film is set for a February 17th 2023 release and is to be an early entry in Phase 5 of the Marvel Universe
Here’s the Paul Rudd Michel Douglas and the rest of the cast and director introducing the Ant Man and the Wasp at the UK premiere……