So whilst we wait for QT to announce his tenth and potentially last film we took a look at which were his most and least successful films at the box office in terms of worldwide earnings. Kill Bill has been listed as two separate films (but will count as one in his catalogue) and they were each released in consecutive years and Death Proof though part of a double bill in the US was released on its own in much of the world. We’ve also listed where possible the films budget to give you an idea of how much and all have made money.
So starting with the least successful at the box office here’s the full list…..
10. Reservoir Dogs (1992) $2.9m (budget $1.2m)
9. Death Proof (2007) $31m (budget unknown)
8. Jackie Brown (1997) $39m (budget $12m)
7. Kill Bill Vol 2 (2004) $154m (budget $30m)
6. The Hateful Eight (2015) $156m (budget $44m)
5. Kill Bill Vol 1 (2003) $180m (budget $30m)
4. Pulp Fiction (1994) $213m (budget $8m)
3. Inglourious Basterds (2009) $321m (budget $70m_
2. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019) $377m (budget $100m)
- Django Unchained (2012) $426m (budget $90m)
So there’s a few surprises in there particularly at the number one but if Tarantino’s 10th film is to be his last we are pretty sure that that will boost interest and in turn box office earnings.